What if a researcher would be working on a solution that would enable you to develop a truly innovative product?
Our goal is to establish a dialogue between researchers and businesses for innovation by setting up a strong trinational network. Our get-together with researchers specialized in the key areas of industry 4.0 and digitalization will provide an opportunity for new contacts.
Franz Quint will give an overview of research activities at Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, as part of the Digital Hub/de:hub applied AI Karlsruhe, in the field of intelligent systems. The focus is on Artificial Intelligence methods to gain information from data and provide technical solutions in different application areas. The addressed areas will be:
- Computer vision, with focus on mono and stereo image analysis, 3D sensor technology, 3D reconstruction
- Data modelling with focus on 3D modelling, hypergraphs, knowledge fusion
- Industry 4.0 with focus on process monitoring, process optimization, intelligent control
Georg Rauter will provide insights in his research. His development focus is on developing an entire surgical platform that will consist of several highly dedicated subsystems:
- like a positioning and stabilization mechanism at the tip of the robotic endoscope
- a flexible robotic endoscope for single port surgery
- new technologies in force sensing for endoscopes
- an intuitive telemanipulation interface
- a highly integrated optics and spray system for endoscopic laser surgery.
Lhassane Idoumghar will cover the following topics: SMART UHA, an industrial demonstrator project for intelligent energy and mobility management:
- Steering and regulation of energy consumption in buildings
- Optimisation of electric vehicle services (reservation, recharging, geolocation)
- Applied use of adaptive neural networks