Helping to shape the future of health
With a strong focus on digital health, the DayOne Accelerator supports innovative ventures that solve problems across a broad range of healthcare areas from diagnosis, treatment and prevention to patient and caregiver communication to improvements that assist healthcare workers.
DayOne offers a bundle of services to accelerator participants to jump-start their businesses.
- Non-dilutive funding
- Access to the healthcare innovation ecosystem
- Tailored coaching and Venture Mentoring
- Connections to potential customers with a patient centric approach
- Collaborative co-working space
Accelerator participants have access to co-working space at one of our Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area locations.
How the program works
Together with supporting partners we define and deliver the accelerator in a number of runs that cover specific themes, such as Children and Adolescent Health.
Applicants have a chance to submit their projects for review and acceptance to the DayOne Accelerator program. The process includes two phases:
1. Presentation and selection
The first stage involves idea development and presentation at the DayOne Conference in Basel. Ventures are selected based on their ability to make an impact on healthcare problems and to:
- Go beyond research and create viable healthcare products and services that make appropriate use of digital technologies (mobile apps, AI, blockchain etc.)
- Reduce healthcare costs and be scalable, therefore making their solution suitable for all markets including low and middle income countries
- Embrace a human centric approach and show an understanding of diversity in team formation
2. Six-month acceleration program in Basel
The ventures selected receive access to funding, mentoring, resources, tailored coaching, a chance to test their idea with real customers and free access to a collaborative lab space.