Industrial Transformation in the era of smart technology
Industry 4.0 is the name given to the next phase of the Industrial Revolution that focuses heavily on interconnectivity, automation, machine learning, real-time data, AI, teams and organization, and new business models.
Making the move from traditional production models into the next generation of smart technology shaped by increased connectivity, Internet of Things (IoT) applications, and data-driven solutions are essential for businesses that don’t want to get left behind.
Industrial transformation is already seeing factories become increasingly automated and self-monitored as machines are given the ability to analyze and communicate with each other. But Industry 4.0 isn’t just about investing in new technology and tools to improve manufacturing efficiency—it’s about revolutionizing the way your entire business operates and grows while still meeting customers and supplier’s expectations.
That’s why we are looking for your innovative solutions!
The i4Challenge is divided into three tracks:
with sustainable industry 4.0 solutions or services.
with existing Industry 4.0 solutions or services.
for students, intrapreneurs, entrepreneurs and tech teams with great new ideas in innovating the industry.
Eligible are applications from Switzerland, Alsace France, and Baden-Württemberg Germany. For SME and Startups, they must be able to demonstrate a prototype or a product.
A prestigious panel of industry leaders will evaluate the submitted projects and ideas and select several to proceed to the finals.
Projects accepted through the i4Challenge receive several benefits to help foster successful commercial launch and business success of Industry 4.0 projects. These include:
- Exposure through Basel Area Business & Innovation online channels
- Access to the Basel Area Business & Innovation Industry 4.0 network of experts, innovators, businesses, investors, and more
- Mentoring from industry experts
Additionally for SME and Startups:
- An exhibition space at the BE 4.0 trade fair in Mulhouse
- Possibility to appear as keynote speaker at one of our events
- Access to a coworking space for six months in one of our four Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area sites
- Free one-year membership to the Société Industrielle de Mulhouse (SIM)
- Privileged access to the network and activities of the partners of the Interreg Titan-e project
Accelerator Program in the Canton Jura for New ideas:
- Tailormade mentoring from industry experts
- Support for further development of the idea
- Access to a coworking space for six months at the Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area Site Jura
About BE 4.0 Fair for industry 4.0 in Mulhouse
Salon Industries du Futur BE 4.0 is one of the most important meeting places for European Industry 4.0 solution providers and interested parties. The fair offers a platform for 180 Swiss, French and German companies to present their latest innovations in the field of Industry 4.0. Over 3,500 visitors are expected on both days.
Head of the St.Gallen Startup Navigator Lab at the Institute for Technology Management, University of St.Gallen
Engaged in applied research on the transformation process from startups to young companies
Co-author of the St.Gallen Startup Navigator and lecturer for students, entrepreneurs and managers on the topic of entrepreneurship
- Founder and CEO of Project Compe-tence AG; founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors of TimeWinner AG
- Investor and business angel at startup companies in the services & ICT sector; entrepreneur for 19 years
- Project Competence AG was awarded the certificate “Best Business Transformation” by ASCO 2018 for the second time
- Business Unit Manager at Actemium Romandie
- Many years of experience as an automation engineer
- Active for more than 30 years in the chemical – pharmaceutical – biotechnology industry in the region
- Head of Department | DRP Process & Test Engineering Endress+Hauser Flow
- 20 years of experience in electronics and electrical engineering (development QA, production)
- 13 years of management experience at executive, departmental and project management level
- 3 years i4Challenge Jury Member
Teaching activities in the bachelor courses of study in Business Information Systems and Business Information Technology:
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• Database technology
• Business process management
• Introduction to Business Informatics (focus on Information Systems)
• Supervision of student projects and bachelor’s and master’s theses
• SAP Basis Certificate Course TERP10
- Co-founder and Co-CEO of GRYPS Offertenportal; the company was founded in 2010.
- Prior to that, she held various positions at IBM Switzerland, among others, where she most recently headed Sales Operations Switzerland.
- Head of Projects / Innovations SSC IT at Bell Food Group AG
- Many years of experience as project manager and member of the executive board in the areas of IT and operations for companies in the health care, FMCG and finance industries
- Focused on international business areas and digitization projects