Industrial Transformation in the era of smart technology
Industry 4.0 is the name given to the next phase of the Industrial Revolution that focuses heavily on interconnectivity, automation, machine learning, real-time data, teams and organization, and new business models.
Making the move from traditional production models into the next generation of smart technology shaped by increased connectivity, Internet of Things (IoT) applications, and data-driven solutions is essential for businesses that don’t want to get left behind.
Industrial transformation is already seeing factories become increasingly automated and self-monitored as machines are given the ability to analyze and communicate with each other. But Industry 4.0 isn’t just about investing in new technology and tools to improve manufacturing efficiency—it’s about revolutionizing the way your entire business operates and grows while still meeting customers and supplier’s expectations.
Supporting innovators in Industrial Transformation
Companies that develop or adapt their business models and processes with new technologies will have an advantage in the next phase of the industrial transformation. Basel Area Business & Innovation is supporting Industry 4.0 through events, collaboration projects and accelerators aimed making the Basel Area a leader in industrial transformation.
The i4Challenge offers a platform to help innovators promote their industry 4.0 product or service. In addition, participants will gain access to partners, mentors, collaborators and potential customers and have access to a mentoring program through Basel Area Business & innovation. The Basel Area offers a supportive ecosystem for tackling the transition of the manufacturing industry toward customer centric smart technologies and sustainable production methods.
The i4Challenge is divided into three tracks:
with sustainable industry 4.0 solutions or services.
with existing Industry 4.0 solutions or services.
Open to students, intrapreneurs, entrepreneurs and tech teams.
SME and Startup tracks
17.07. 2020 EXTENDED UNTIL 31.07.20
Pitch days: 25-26.08.2020
Winners announced: 29.09.2020
BE 4.0 Mullhouse: 17-18.11.2020
New ideas track
Winners announced: 16.12.2020
Personalized coaching: January-June 2021
Eligible are applications from Switzerland, Alsace, and Baden-Württemberg, which can demonstrate a prototype or a product.
A prestigious panel from industry leaders will evaluate the submitted projects and ideas and select several to proceed to the finals.
SME and Startup tracks
Projects accepted through these i4Challenge categories receive a number of benefits to help foster successful commercial launch and business success of Industry 4.0 projects. These include:
- an exhibition space at the BE 4.0 trade fair in Mulhouse
- exposure through Basel Area Business & Innovation online channels
- access to the Basel Area Business & Innovation Industry 4.0 network of experts, innovators, businesses, investors and more
- mentoring from industry experts
- access to a coworking space for six months in one of our four Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area sites
- possibility to appear as key note speaker at one of our events
- a free one-year membership to the Société Industrielle de Mulhouse (SIM)
- privileged access to the network and activities of the partners of the Interreg Upper Rhine 4.0 project.
New ideas track
Projects accepted through the i4Challenge “new ideas” category receive a number of benefits to help to bring the idea to market readiness:
- Access the Basel Area Business & Innovation network
- Preferential access to the network and to the activities of the partners of the Interreg Upper Rhine 4.0 project
- Tailor-made mentoring from industry experts
- Funding for further development of the idea
- access to a coworking space for six months at the Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area Site Jura
About BE 4.0 Fair for industry 4.0 in Mulhouse
Salon Industries du Futur BE 4.0 is one of the most important meeting places for European Industry 4.0 solution providers and interested parties. The fair offers a platform for 180 Swiss, French and German companies to present their latest innovations in the field of Industry 4.0. Over 3,500 visitors are expected on both days.
Head of the St.Gallen Startup Navigator Lab at the Institute for Technology Management, University of St.Gallen
Engaged in applied research on the transformation process from startups to young companies
Co-author of the St.Gallen Startup Navigator and lecturer for students, entrepreneurs and managers on the topic of entrepreneurship
- Head of Technology Transfer FITT at the University of Applied Sciences FHNW and the Aargau Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AIHK)
- Head of the CAS Foundry Technology course of studies
- Lecturer for the degree courses Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Founder and CEO of Project Compe-tence AG; founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors of TimeWinner AG
- Investor and business angel at startup companies in the services & ICT sector; entrepreneur for 19 years
- Project Competence AG was awarded the certificate “Best Business Transformation” by ASCO 2018 for the second time
- Business Unit Manager at Actemium Romandie
- Many years of experience as an automation engineer
- Active for more than 30 years in the chemical – pharmaceutical – biotechnology industry in the region
- 15 Years at Saint Gobain Groupe, Divison hollow Glass, Member of the Management and General Management Germany
- 15 Years at Plastiques Pöppelmann Frankreich (Rixheim), retired since 2017
- Elected member of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Alsace Eurometropol, Member CESER and PDG Alsace Creation
- Head of Department | DRP Process & Test Engineering Endress+Hauser Flow
- 20 years of experience in electronics and electrical engineering (development QA, production)
- 13 years of management experience at executive, departmental and project management level
- 3 years i4Challenge Jury Member
Teaching activities in the bachelor courses of study in Business Information Systems and Business Information Technology:
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• Database technology
• Business process management
• Introduction to Business Informatics (focus on Information Systems)
• Supervision of student projects and bachelor’s and master’s theses
• SAP Basis Certificate Course TERP10
- Co-founder and Co-CEO of GRYPS Offertenportal; the company was founded in 2010.
- Prior to that, she held various positions at IBM Switzerland, among others, where she most recently headed Sales Operations Switzerland.
- Head of Projects / Innovations SSC IT at Bell Food Group AG
- Many years of experience as project manager and member of the executive board in the areas of IT and operations for companies in the health care, FMCG and finance industries
- Focused on international business areas and digitization projects